Friday, November 9, 2007

Wisdom as Sensitivity for Human Life

We all know that in this world, tribulations and glories sometimes come equal in human life. Many people would say especially us Filipinos that don’t laugh too much because tears may come after. Of course this would really stop us from too much joy. We are afraid of that “after shock” that may happen. These things are just a reality that we people are not ready to accept whatever thing (pains) may come to our lives. We want everything to be in good and we always want to be good.
Wisdom as sensitivity for human life, in my own understanding, is a reflection and at the same time a step by step process of healing and learning. It is a reflection because it aims us human beings to understand all the things that came and will come in our lives in a deeper way. Meaning, that in every experience, be it good or bad there is this kind of questioning from us; why, how, and for what. For me, with these questions, it would enlighten our minds and open for another level of understanding it. The levels of understanding will undergo through various processes or it is step by step; from one point to another or from one answer to a new one. The processes depend on the person’s approach towards it. It is self seeking and finding. If a person has reached the level in which he/she now understands and is ready for the healing and learning, then the person has achieved the wisdom.
But it is not really simple. Confusions, frustrations, restless nights and broken heart
are there. That is why though it looks very simple to achieved, but it’s not. And not all people
could achieved this kind of wisdom.
In my own life, like all the others, problems and happiness are there. Sometimes I could
hardly accept the fact that it’s really happening. I would like to get rid of it and if possible escape from it. But life is really very colorful. The more you escape from it, the more it pushes you through it. This is the reason why I want to establish in me the wisdom presented by father Moga as sensitivity to my life. I want to overcome all things that may come in my life (the painful ones). I want to look at things in a broader perspective and be aware of the things that surround me. I want to be sensitive and flexible. With all these things, I know that slowly, I can establish this wisdom in my life.
My grandmother who died at 85 years old always had this line, “all things worth together for good.” When she was still alive, everytime the family will face big problems, she will just say the line with a smile in her face and without any hesitation. I really did not understand my Grandma then. Whenever I asked her about it, she’ll just answer me with this; you are still young, you can’t understand it by now. When my grandfather died, and I was 11 years old then, I really didn't understand my grandma. During the funeral, unlike other wives, my grandma really did not cry. Not because she had bad experiences with my grandpa (in fact, they’re together for 58 years) but because even she’ll cry, nothing would change she said. The reality is here, she said. There was a point at the burial that I told my grandma to cry, but she just smiled at me. I was really disappointed.
But now I know. Now I understand. Truly, the only thing to get into the reality of life is by understanding it and accepting the fact that all these things happening are just what life has to offer. We live, therefore we feel. And the best way to sum-up everything is by realizing that “life is not a problem to be solved, nor a happiness to be enjoyed, but it is a gift that we should just live with.”

No comments: